How it works:
By signing up for PikUp, you can transform the abundance held in your fruit trees into a food basket that fills up your pantry at home, and overflow to reach the hands of so many other happy members of our community. The best thing is, our trusted team of pickers will do all the hard work for you and distribute the harvest in three equal parts. One third of the harvest stays with you, who have loved and care for the trees. A second third is distributed by the picking crew to the 10 Pataka Kai (or Community Food Pantries) that are spread throughout our town. The final third is shared amongst the team that volunteered to pick your tree, closing the loop of abundance that makes our community thrive in The Aroha Economy.
Is the tree in your yard in need of picking? Sweet!:
1. Register your tree, include whether you have dogs and a ladder on the property
2. Receive requests from registered pickers to come around and harvest the kai.
3. Communicate directly with pickers to discuss specifics and also accept or deny all requests at your discretion.
4. Share your kai abundance with those around you, giving a little big push to transform our community into a thriving food-scape.
Here are a few tips when registering your tree on PikUp:
1.Share your vision of abundance with us! Paint a picture of your food-scape with your words, what wonders will the PikUp team find when they get to your yard; get creative! More volunteers will want to pick your trees if they can see a clear picture of what they’ll find on arrival.
2. Wherever possible, add high quality images to your registered tree to give pickers an idea of the volume of kai, scale and complexity of the job.
3. Share any logistics we need to be aware of, as well as terms of any agreement you would want existing between yourself and anyone on the PikUp team enquiring about your registered tree - such as dates, times, use of access ways, and any relevant details you would like to bring attention to.
4. Need some help with your registered trees or still have questions? Reach out to the team - we're always here to help!
We take the safety of our community seriously, so our team will review all registered trees and remove any that are suspicious and/or violate our community rules (see below).
1. Respect all other members and do not send spam, offensive, or threatening messages, leave comments, or engage in any other form of offensive communication.
2. Only create registered trees for kai you own, are authorized to give away, and are in safe condition to use.
3. Try to answer all messages in a timely fashion.
4. PikUp is a third-party marketplace and by using it, you must also comply with any and all local laws, regulations, safety measures, and/or booking agreement(s) by registered tree owners that are applicable.
5. Follow all COVID related protocols including wearing masks, sanitising hands and avoiding handshaking. Do not engage in harvesting activity if you are sick or have symptoms.